Posted by Dr. Bird on Jan 16 2021, 07:16 AM
Everybody wishes to have a white and clear smile. Many opt for laser whitening, which is an in-office treatment. So, what is this Laser Teeth Whitening treatment?
Laser Teeth Whitening Treatment is a cosmetic treatment procedure that gives a ten-fold brighter shade to the smile. Bleach is applied to each teeth and is secured using laser light. It is an easy way to get white and shiny teeth in no time.
How Does Laser Whitening Work?
Laser whitening is not a lengthy procedure. However, it requires precision. The following steps will help you understand the process properly:
- First, the dentist uses a shade card to determine your teeth shade.
- A picture of your teeth is taken to show before/after images for comparison.
- Due to heavy laser light, the lips are covered with an SPF to protect them.
What is the Procedure for Laser Whitening?
- First, a protective gel is applied to the gums to avoid any irritation from the bleach.
- This step is followed by a bleaching gel consisting of hydrogen peroxide and thickening agents. This gel is spread on the front of your teeth.
- You need to sit still to avoid any disturbance.
- Usually, this will take nearly 15-minutes to finish.
- During this short duration, your teeth and gums will be examined and monitored carefully.
How Much Does This Procedure Cost?
Due to the heavy machinery and equipment, the cost of laser whitening comes out to be high.
- Financial: As this is a cosmetic procedure, the insurance plans usually do not include this procedure. It costs around $1,000 for the whole process, including the kit.
- Time: Due to the quick and easy procedure, the time required for laser whitening is less than 60 minutes.
Teeth whitening by laser procedure is the most expensive of all other options, but it involves various benefits. It is successful and costs you very little time.